- rstevens: economic news in Stark terms – Rich Stevens of "Diesel Sweeties" calls for clever Iron Man dialogue to accompany a panel, his readers respond… and hilarity ensues!
- Comic Book Resources > Unfortunate Confluence of Words – 10-10-2008 – From Keith Giffen's latest column:
THINGS THAT AREN'T REALLY ALL THAT FUNNY ANYMORE
File this one under "overstayed their welcome."
1. FARTS: In “Blazing Saddles,” hysterical. Since then, diminished returns.
2. ANYONE GETTING HIT IN THE NUTS BY ANYTHING: I think this one's pretty self explanatory.
3. MAD MAGAZINE: I think its time to change that "M" to an "S".
4. DANE COOK: No, wait. He was never all that funny to begin with.
5. The REPUBLICAN PARTY: Veered off into genuinely scary a while back. The Democrats, however, are still a laugh riot.
… Check out the column for the rest of 'em.
- WalMart now says they’ll keep the DRM servers on forever – Boing Boing – SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- IESB.net – Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! – USA Network Picks Up Hit Series ‘BURN NOTICE’ and ‘PSYCH’ for New Seasons – Hoo-rah for "Burn Notice"! It's one of the only scripted series that Jessica and I are watching on a regular basis these days. If you aren't watching it, you're missing out on a really great series, folks… and BRUCE CAMPBELL!
- Attentiondeficitdisorderly Too Flat – “He got sick” – Sean T. Collins ponders the reasons given for keeping the camera running during horror films that include cast members filming things (i.e., Cloverfield, Blair Witch, etc).
- If Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Were Real | /Film – Disturbing… but still awesome. By the way, did you read my interview with TMNT co-creator Peter Laird? It's awesome, too.
links for Friday, October 10th
October 10th, 2008 by Rick · No Comments ·