Well, our three-weekend binge on college football concluded with Saturday’s game at West Point, and though it was a less than satisfying finale (for more reasons than just the final score), it’s nice to look at my upcoming calendar and see a few weekends without travel plans.
Of course, the absence of travel plans really just means more time playing Resistance 3, which has become my latest obsession. I can’t get enough of the game, folks. Seriously. This is a call for help.
Meanwhile, here are some links…
– The new Bioshock Infinite trailer that premiered during the Tokyo Game Show doesn’t offer much new footage, but it still succeeds in getting me even more amped for this game. The Bioshock is one of the very few franchises (alongside Resistance and Dead Space) that I follow with anything resembling “franchise fan” interest.
Yup. Can’t wait for 2012.
– Even though I didn’t love the second Chronicles of Riddick film, I’m looking forward to the third one — especially after seeing this concept art posted by Vin Diesel:
(via Digital Trends)
– We’re quickly approaching the Halloween season, so it’s nice to see a new teaser for the second season of The Walking Dead.
Thus far, it sounds like Virgil’s farm is a definite for the next season, and the arrival of Michonne is also a possibility. Yesssss.
– Also on the Halloween theme, there’s a new trailer that just premiered today for The Thing, which will serve as a prequel to John Carpenter’s 1982 classic. As far as I’m concerned, the original film is one of the scariest movies ever made, so the prequel has some big shoes to fill.
The Thing is out October 14, just in time for scary-movie season.
– On a lighter note, I love Michael DePippo’s retro concert posters featuring each of the Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem band members (Dr. Teeth, Janice, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Zoot, and Animal).
Apparently, he’s making full-size posters available. I’m terribly tempted to add one to our wall.
(via Laughing Squid)
– In other news… At least the family in the video below is spending a lot of quality time together, right?
– There have been some bizarre Transformers over the years, but the latest addition to the “Robots in Disguise” universe has me wondering, “Is the world ready for Snoballimus?”
I also find myself wondering about the usefulness of a Transformer that turns into a tasty, creme-filled snack.
– I’m usually pretty lenient when it comes to the gritty redesigns certain comic book characters receive for live-action movies or video games, but I have to admit I’m not a fan of Deadshot’s new look for Batman: Arkham City.
You can check out more images over at The Daily Blam.
– And lest you think I’ll conclude this roundup without a bit of Doctor Who, here’s the teaser for this weekend’s new episode, “Closing Time.” I’m pretty excited about this one (more than I usually am), as it features the return of James Corden as Craig, the guy The Doctor roomed with in “The Lodger.”
(via Den of Geek)
That’s it for this week’s Monday Mix!